Not another Caprese? Try this alternative. It is a riff on a classic! Bright summer flavors, shared by the best of summer fruit, tossed in a refreshing summer salad. This is simply excellent with grilled meats and a sure show-stopper for summer parties. No vinegar required.
- 1 pound perfectly ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 to 3 ripe nectarines, pits removed, fruit sliced
- 1 handful torn fresh mint leaves (or substitute basil)
- Ravida Sicilian Sea Salt and Il Boschetto freshly ground pepper
- Fruity-spicy extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling*
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- A word about the olive oil. Use something spectacular that will really shine. Ideally choose an olive oil that has an intense peppery-fruity combination. We chose Santidu Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Sardinia. A peppery Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil would also be a perfect match.
In your serving bowl, add tomato chunks, nectarine slices, and most of the mint. Drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss then season with salt and pepper. Toss gently again. Add crumbled feta cheese and remaining mint. Just before serving, add another drizzle of olive oil. Smile and serve!